The 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards were held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles last night on 22nd September 2013. During the ceremony the best television primetime programming of the year were honored. The host was actor Neil Patrick Harris.
There were a few very surprising moments during the ceremony itself. On eof them was thanks to actor Bobby Cannavale. The star of “Boardwalk Empire” won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. During Cannavale’s acceptance speech he called his girlfriend Rose Byrne “the love of my life”.
Here is the list of winners:
– SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES: Merritt Wever, Nurse Jackie (Showtime)
– WRITING, COMEDY SERIES: Tina Fey and Tracey Wigfield, 30 Rock, “Last Lunch” (NBC)
– ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep (HBO)
– ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES: Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
– ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE: Laura Linney, The Big C: Hereafter (Showtime)
– WRITING, DRAMA SERIES: Henry Bromell, Homeland, “Q&A” (Showtime)
– SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES: Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad (AMC)
– REALITY COMPETITION: The Voice (NBC)
– SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES: Bobby Cannavale, Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
– ACTOR IN A DRAMA: Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom (HBO)
– ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES: Claire Danes, Homeland (Showtime)
– DIRECTING, DRAMA SERIES: David Fincher, House of Cards (Netflix)
– WRITING, VARIETY SERIES: The Colbert Report (Comedy Central); head writer: Opus Moreschi; writers: Stephen Colbert, Tom Purcell, Rich Dahm, Barry Julien, Michael Brumm, Rob Dubbin, Jay Katsir, Frank Lesser, Glenn Eichler, Meredith Scardino, Max Werner, Eric Drysdale, Dan Guterman, Paul Dinello, Nate Charny and Bobby Mort
– DIRECTING, VARIETY SERIES: Don Roy King, Saturday Night Live (NBC)
– CHOREOGRAPHY: Derek Hough, Dancing With the Stars, Routines: Hey Pachuco / Para Los Rumberos / Walking on Air (ABC)
– VARIETY SERIES: The Colbert Report (Comedy Central)
– WRITING, MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE: Abi Morgan, The Hour (BBC America)
– SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE: James Cromwell, American Horror Story: Asylum (FX)
– DIRECTING, MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE: Steven Soderbergh, Behind the Candelabra (HBO)
– SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE: Ellen Burstyn, Political Animals (USA)
– ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE: Michael Douglas, Behind the Candelabra (HBO)
– MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE: Behind the Candelabra (HBO)
– COMEDY SERIES: Modern Family (ABC)
– DRAMA SERIES: Breaking Bad (AMC)
Check out the red carpet gallery of arrivals and after the awards parties below…
Aussie actress Rose Byrne walked the red carpet with her boyfriend actor Bobby Cannavale, both of them were wearing Calvin Klein. During Cannavale’s acceptance speech for the award of “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series”, he called Rose “the love of my life”. Could things be sweeter than that?
The star of “Homeland”, Claire Danes looked radiant on the red carpet in Armani Prive dress and accessorized with Neil Lane jewels. For the second year in the row, she was nominated and won the award for the “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series” for her role of Carrie Mathison in “Homeland”.
Actress Kaley Cuoco hit the red carpet with her boyfriend, tennis player Ryan Sweeting. The 27-year-old Big Bang Theory actress was wearing Vera Wang dress.
Tv host Maria Menounos looked glamorous in Zac Posen dress and accessorized with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.
The star of “Bones”, actress Emily Deschanel walked the red carpet in custom made vegan dress by Houghton and Tiffany & Co. jewels.
“Mad Men” actress Jessica Pare.
The star of “Modern family”, Sofia Vergara shined on the red carpet in red hot Vera Wang mermaid silhouette dress.