When it comes to iconic and timeless makeup looks, wearing eyeliner is most certainly one of them.
Eyeliners are always great tool to accentuate and reshape your eyes. It will give you timeless and elegant look which you can use for any occasion.
How was eyeliner used through history?
Eye liner was first used in Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia as a dark black line around the eyes. As early as 10,000 BC, Egyptians and Mo wore various cosmetics including eye liner not only for aesthetics but to protect the skin from the desert sun.
Research has also speculated that eye liner was worn to protect the wearer from the evil eye. The characteristic of having heavily lined eyes has been frequently depicted in ancient Egyptian art.
SEE MORE: How to Apply Eyeliner Tutorial?
Fab Fashion Fix shows you how to perfect your eyeliner technique. Follow these easy eyeliner tips and tricks:
1. First step is to choose a good eyeliner. Eyeliners come in all sorts of types. Their different finishes and styles offer many makeup possibilities. The pencil eyeliner gives soft lines that blend naturally. The liquid eyeliner gives fine lines that reshape the eyes, and this type is perfect for cat eyeliner makeup look. The gel eyeliner gives clear lines with good coloration and subtle gradations.
2. Next thing you should do is to mark your extend point with your eyeliner. Make a mark where you want your eyeliner to extend to. Those who consider themselves makeup beginners, it might be easier to use a kohl pencil and those who believe more in their makeup techniques can use a liquid eyeliner.
3. In the following step, hold your pen up to your eye and rest your elbow in the other hand. Start the line from the inner corner of your eye. Hold your pencil/eyeliner horizontally and draw along the lash line, pressing the line every few millimeters until you reach your mark, the extend point.
4. Now that is done, go over the guideline again with your eyeliner so that you connect all the spaces and create a full line. Keep in mind that faster you draw th line, the cleaner it will be.
5. After that take a cotton bund after dipping it into eye makeup removal. Use the bund to perfect the edges of your eyeliner line.
6. One last eyeliner tip. The winged line should match the shape of your eyes. If you have narrow eyes, a line with a long-slitted impression looks best. If you have naturally large, round eyes, a wider outward line will suit you beautifully.