Eyeliner is one of the most important cosmetic products and can give you a dramatic look without much time or effort.
Lining your eyes with eyeliner will put emphasis on one of your most lively features. It will give you timeless and elegant look which you can use for any occasion.
Before we get to video tutorials about applying eyeliner, here are some tips and tricks you should consider:
1. Choose an eyeliner that is appropriate for your eye color. Browns, gilded bronzes, and plums are great for lighter eyes, and darker eyes can pull off a more dramatic black backdrop. Forest greens can make brown eyes pop. Silvers and charcoals look best on green and blue eyes; rich red browns for green eyes and golds for blue eyes.
2. Consider the type of look you’re trying to achieve. Pencil eyeliners will give your eyes soft definition, while liquid versions offer precision and drama. There is a wide variety of powder liners available, and you can also moisten dark eyeshadow and apply it with a small, flat brush to double as liner.
3. Use eyeliner after you’ve applied eye shadow and before applying mascara.
4. Don’t apply your eyeliner with big strokes; instead try smaller strokes as this gives you more control and creates a cleaner line. This trick works with any type of eyeliner.
5. If you have watery eyes (for example if you wear contact lens), buy an eyeliner that is hypoallergenic. Alternatively, you can put a skin-colored eyeshadow or foundation under your bottom lashes, then apply. Applying over a base will help the liner to stay on better.
6. Consider a wide variety of liner forms to decide which is best for the look you wish to achieve. There are more distinctions than simply pencil vs. liquid. Softer pencils and thicker liquids (such as cream eyeliners) are easier to apply and create more modern looks.
If you are still not sure how to try eyeliner look by yourself, celebrity make-up artist Lisa Eldridge will solve your problem. Fab Fashion Fix always finds inspirational make.up looks in her work, so be sure to visit her video channel for more tutorials.
Here are two eyeliner looks created by Lisa. The first one is “Smoky Winged” eyeliner look and second one is ‘Kitten Flick’ eyeliner look. Watch the video tutorials below…
More eyeliner make-up inspiration looks…
Images: pinterest; citizensofbeauty.com