Together with the smoky eye, the perfect cat eyeliner makeup look is timeless and always the best way to accentuate your eyes and look sexy for any occasion.
Lining your eyes with eyeliner will put emphasis on one of your most lively features, and it is quite easy.
In case you have missed it, see our How to Apply Eyeliner Tutorial? The cat eye makeup look is also sometimes called “the feline flick”. One of the benefits of this gorgeous makeup look is to elongate the eye so that you add intensity and the effect of an instant eye lift.
To get the perfect cat eyes follow these easy tips and tricks:
1. Find a shade of eyeshadow that is very slightly lighter than your eyelid skin tone and then apply it all over the eyelid using a large eyeshadow brush.
2. Apply a highlight color. Begin directly below your inner brow sweep outwards, following the natural arch of the brow.
3. Apply a darker brown into the outer crease of your eyelid. This should go all the way to the outermost portion of the crease. Then gently blend the crease color.
4. Using an eyeliner pencil, dot along the lash line from the inner corner to the outer corner. You should doo it close to the lash line. After that use the dots as a guide. Connect the dots slowly with a liquid liner. Try to stay as close to your lash line as possible.
5. Begin slightly slanting upwards when you get to the middle of your eye. Extend just past the corner of your eye. Once you have created the outline, fill it in.
6. After finishing with eyeliner at upper lash line, you can apply the eyeliner to the lower lash line. This can be as thick or as thin as you’d like it, but be sure to stay close to your lash line—gaps are not desired in this look.
For more inspiration check out the step by step video tutorials below…
Video: Youtube/Maya Mia & Lisa Eldridge