As the spring season is still in full bloom, we are all about those key spring wardrobe pieces which can make every outfit stand out.
The crop top trend is certainly not for everyone, especially if you don`t have toned abs but this trend has been around for a few season now. When done the right ways, the crop top is sexy, chic, and sophisticated all at the same time.
Keep in mind that it is all about playing with proportions and balancing them with other outfit pieces. Since the crop top is very form fitted, to get balance, it is best to combine it with high-waisted skirts or high-rise loose trousers.
In order to avoid looking like you were stuck back in the 1990s, Fab Fashion Fix brings some easy styling tips and ideas on how to rock the crop top trend:
1. One of the ways to wear the crop top is to combine it with with long feminine skirts for a look that is more pretty than provocative. Choose maxi skirts if you like bohemian chic style or choose mid-length skirt and pointed heels if you like more ladylike style.
2. The favorite way of wearing the crop top among celebrities is to combine it with the pencil skirt. In case you have missed it, see our Style Watch: How celebrities wear the pencil skirt this spring? This look will expose just a bit of your midriff and accentuate your curves.
3. Probably the easiest way to wear the crop top is to combine it with your favorite pair of jeans. For slimmer women, skinny jeans are a good way to go but more curvier women should wear high-waist jeans. To complete your outfit you can also wear your favorite form fitted blazer.
5. Loose pants which are currently very trendy for the following season can also be combined with the cropped top. Again it is all about combining the right proportion and the loose fit of your pants will balance out the crop top.
6. The perfect pointed heels will instantly make your legs look longer while you looking taller, leaner and more graceful. Wearing these heels is the easiest way to make your silhouette look slimmer, which really helps when wearing cropped top. In case you have missed it, see our Style Guide: How to wear pointed shoes this spring?