Some make-up looks never go out of style and suit everyone, such is the classic smokey eye. This is a great makeup look for any occasion, from everyday work style to party nights when you want to have dramatic and smouldering eyes to compliment your best outfit.
You don`t have to be a professional make-up artist to pull off the perfect smokey eye. Here are some easy tips and tricks on how to create the most wanted eye look:
1. Choose the color of your eyeshadow. Any color can be used to create a smoky eye, although you will need at least three shades of a similar hue. The classic smoky eye is created with black or gray, but bronze and brown are also commonly used. Green eyes look particularly good with a gray and plum smoky eye, while blue eyes pop with gold or copper and brown eyes go great with shades of navy and gray. You should choose three shades of each color: a light, creamy color, a medium base color, and a dark smoky color. Avoid choosing colors that are too bright, or if you have very fair skin too dark. You want your smoky eye to accentuate your pretty face, not to distract from it.
1. First start by applying the eyeshadow base on your lid which will make your eyeshadow last longer.
2. Drag a dark pencil across the upper and lower lash lines to create definition, then blend to soften the edges.
3. Then start sweeping the lightest shade from the eyeshadow palette you choose prior. Shadow palettes give more options to work with, so you can create a distinct smoky eye every time.
4. Then apply the second deepest shadow from the eyeshadow palette. Blend from the lash line to the crease, which will create a color gradient to get the smokey effect. To make it easier blend the colors by moving your brush from left to right like a windshield wiper.
5. Finish with a touch of highlighter on your brow bone and the inner corner of your eye. Also apply mascara.
6. To set the look, apply translucent powder which will add a touch of lightness to your makeup look.
Check out these step by step video tutorials below and master the art of smokey eyes…
Video: Youtube/Lisa Eldridge & The Showbizz 411 & Aveda