Each season our skin endures changes because of the different climate and temperatures. Tight, dry skin sound familiar?
Keeping that in mind, one of the best skincare advice is to keep your skin hydrated at all times. Find a good moisturizer which suits your skin type and take it with you everywhere you go.
One of the easiest ways to build discipline is through skincare. Many people who want to avoid putting chemicals on their sensitive skin are turning to rice water for skincare since it doesn’t contain any harmful substances. When you are choosing what to use on your skin, you should always analyze what problems you are facing first so that you can pick products that can help your skin heal.
Whether your skin is dry, acne-prone, or you have got dark spots and fine lines, we’ve got you covered as Fab Fashion Fix counts down the best hydrating skincare products, from those high-end to our drugstore favorites…
1. bliss fabulous face lotion SPF 15 ($36) is a moisturiser on a mission. This product delivers vitamins, minerals and omegas to promote healthy skin. It also protects the skin with SPF 15 for UVB (burning) protection plus a UVA (ageing) rating PA++, and instantly illuminates the skin with phytonutrients. Basically it preserves skin’s youthful appearance by maintaining its soft, supple and healthy-glowing skin and protecting it from the sun. Tested for measurable UVA protection levels, bliss fabulous face lotion SPF 15 shields your skin against the biggest culprit of age acceleration and promotes a youthful complexion.
2. Sometimes all of us need a bit of splurge! Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm ($54) is a perfectly balanced daily cleansing for skin that craves clean. It thoroughly cleanses and moisturises the skin and helps to purify and minimises the appearance of open pores. It is calming for sensitive skin while revitalising for dull and mature skins.
How to use? Mix a few drops of warm water with a little Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm in the palm of your hand to create a milk. Apply to the face, neck and eye area using circular motions and massage thoroughly to melt away make-up, excess oils and grime.
3. Caudalie Beauty Elixir ($17). Inspired by the “elixir of youth” used by Queen Isabelle of Hungary, Caudalie Beauty Elixir smoothes features, tightens pores, and gives the complexion a burst of radiance. An excellent base for make-up, this water awakens the skin in the morning and livens it up before a night out. The main ingredients are grape, orange blossom, rose, organic balm mint and rosemary.
4. Yes To Carrots Daily Facial Moisturiser SPF 15 ($15) defends your skin against the sun’s UVB rays, while the Beta Carotene’s antioxidant properties help protect dry skin from external effects, keeping it soft and hydrated. How to use it? Gently massage Yes To Carrots Daily Facial Moisturiser SPF 15 onto your face at least 20 minutes before sun exposure. Re-apply as needed, or after taking that refreshing dip in the water, towel drying, excessive sweating or prolonged sun exposure. For little ones under 6 months, check with your pediatrician first.
5. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum ($32) is the miracle product for deep hydration. A fortifying & soothing hydrating serum. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum intensely hydrates and fortifies sensitive skin for up to 48 hours. Sensitive skin needs maximum hydration to fortify itself and restore its barrier. Concentrated with Vichy Thermal Spa Water and enriched with hyaluronic acid, Aqualia Thermal UV soothes and makes the skin more resistant to daily aggressions. Skin is intensely hydrated for up to for 48 hours.
6. Estée Lauder Revitalising Supreme Light ($64) is the first ultra light soft creme with IntuiGen Technology™. It is oil-free, oil-controlling, multi-action moisturiser dramatically reduces the look of multiple signs of ageing: lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness, dullness and dehydration. With breakthrough IntuiGen Technology™, it helps activate skin’s own revitalisation. It specifically addresses your unique anti-ageing needs all at once, revealing a younger and more beautiful look. The ultra lightweight, silky soft creme feels like no other, cushioning your skin with refreshing moisture.
7. Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion ($17.99) is infused with Clary Sage, this fast-absorbing lotion is scientifically proven to provide intense hydration and also helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. So your skin is left feeling soft, supple and intensely moisturised. This lotion intensely hydrates dry skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
8. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Facial Lotion SPF 15 ($12.99) is a luxurious daily lotion that provides superior moisturisation in a lightweight non-greasy formula, with the added protection of an SPF15 sunscreen. Peptides complex, antioxidants and emollient milk proteins work in conjunction with natural Cocoa and Shea butters to leave skin soft, smooth and radiant without irritation. Added SPF15 broad spectrum sunscreen helps protect against sun damage and future signs of ageing.
9. Ultra Facial Cream is Kiehl’s iconic light-textured ($35), up to 24-hour moisturiser that helps to retain moisture within the skin, leaving skin feeling comfortable and well-balanced. Helps water replenishment and reduces moisture loss.
10. Garnier Moisture Bomb Super-Hydrating 3 in 1 Moisturiser SPF10 ($12) recharges the skin with hydration and leaves it feeling protected from external aggressions. Its fresh texture melts immediately on contact with the skin and hydrates it perfectly all day long. No greasy or sticky effect.
For the first time, Garnier has integrated in a new generation, ultra-light texture:
– Two antioxidant superfruit extracts: Amla and Pomegranate, combined with daily UVA/UVB protection.
– A high concentration of Plant Serum.