American lingerie giant Victoria’s Secret made the headlines yesterday after announcing the promotion of 10 of its existing models to Angel status. Meet the new class!
Joining previously established Angels Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lily Aldridge, Behati Prinsloo and Candice Swanepoel are models Lais Ribeiro, Martha Hunt, Monika “Jac” Jagaciak, Jasmine Tookes, Elsa Hosk, Stella Maxwell, Kate Grigorieva, Taylor Hill, Sara Sampaio and Romee Strijd have all been given their Angel wings.
All of these ladies have walked in the last 2014 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in London. Official VS press release stated: “The expanded Angel lineup gives Victoria’s Secret the largest group of contract models in its history and the most powerful collection of established and emerging models in the world”.
Take a close look at these 10 lovely Angels…
1. Brazilian stunner Lais Ribeiro (Women) is already a veteran in fashion business, as she made her debut season back in 2010, and since then she has walked for famous designers houses like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Marc Jacobs and appeared on numerous Vogue covers. The 25-year-old has 7-year-old son Alexander and is currently daring American basketball player Jared Homan. In case you have missed it, see Lais smoldering in Victoria’s Secret Valentine’s Day 2015 collection.
2. Dutch blonde beauty Romee Strijd (DNA models) has rocked the catwalk for designers like Acne, Rag & Bone, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Badgley Mischka, Jill Sander, Marchesa Isabel Marant, Vera Wang and worked with photographers like Paolo Roversi and Patrick Demarchelier. The 19-year-old was one of the newcomers at 2014 Victoria’s Secret fashion show.
3. Kate Grigorieva (The Lions) is Russian born and was previously amond top ten finalists at Miss Russia 2012 and later was the runner-up on Russia’s Next Top Model tv-show. Her smile and honey blonde gorgeous hair caught our eye during the 2014 Victoria’s Secret fashion show where she was one of the newcomers. Last season she walked for prominent designer houses like Hermes, Elie Saab, Stella McCartney, Versace, Ralph Lauren, J. Mendel, Donna Karan and many more.
4. American model Martha Hunt (IMG) is one of the latest rising stars of Victoria’s Secret. This 24-year-old North Carolina native beauty won a local modeling competition and then headed to New York in pursue for successful career. And we can safely say that she has made it. With Miu Miu, Max&Co, Express and Hugo Boss campaigns under her belt, and appearing in leading magazines, Martha is one of those models we will surely keep on our watch.
5. Stella Maxwell
6. American model Jasmine Tookes was born in Huntington Beach, California. Her mother is a celebrity fashion designer, and she was reportedly discovered during one of her mom’s showroom appointments. The 24-year old walked the 2012 and 2013 Victoria’s Secret fashion shows and has made headlines with her boyfriend also model Tobias Sorensen.
7. Portuguese model Sara Sampaio (The Lions) has been quite often praised for her resemblance to Adriana Lima. The 23-year-old model was named one of Sports Illustrated’s rookies of the year 2014 and made her first VS fashion show debut in 2013.
8. Elsa Hosk
9. Polish beauty Monika “Jack Jagaciak” (IMG) started modeling when she was only 13 years old, now with 21 she has already an enviable career behind her. From being the face of Chanel Beauty to featuring numerous Vogue covers, she is unstoppable. She first walked the Victoria’s Secret runway in 2013 where she debuted in the Pink section.
10. The youngest among the new Angels is American Taylor Hill (IMG). The 19-year-old Colorado native model was scouted at a horse ranch. She graced the catwalk with her presance for designer names like Alexander Wang, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Elie Saab, Georgio Armani, Balmain and Givenchy. At the 2014 Victoria’s Secret fashion show she made her debut walking for the Pink section.
Video: Youtube/Victoria`s Secret