When it comes to colder fall and winter days, the sweater dress is a versatile piece that can be worn so many different ways.
It is also called the jumper dress or knitted dress. Not only are they comfortable, but they also often flatter the figure.
Here are a few ways in which you can wear sweater dress and some styling tips:
1. Combine the sweater dress with a form-fitting belt, leggings and riding boots. The belt will accentuate your waist and be sure that the sweater covers your behind, especially if you wear leggings. The sweater should not be too short.
2. Combine the sweater dress with slim jeans (it could work with jeans in any color) or with leather pants. To spice things us a bit, you can also wear faux fur vest over the sweater dress (see our Style Guide: How to wear faux fur vest?).
3. Wear blazer over the sweater dress which will quickly make your outfit more polished and elegant. The black blazer is the perfect solution, it should not be too fitted to your body because the sweater dress is already fitted so the blazer will add the balance to the outfit.
4. Combine the sweater dress with classical pencil skirt. It is a really practical solution and it will give you an outfit for work day in the office. Add a belt which will nicely accentuate your waist. This look does not have to be boring, play with colors to add chic feel to this combination.
5. If you really want to achieve chic and sexy look, combine the sweater dress with a pair of high heeled boots or booties and wear leggings (be sure that the dress length covers you behind, you do not want to look tacky). You can play with colors, choose printed leggings or those with a pop of color if your sweater dress is in one color.
If you need more inspiration, let’s see how celebrities wear sweater dresses…
Images: popsugar; pinterest; Fashion Spot;
x17online.com; Wendys lookbook