Whether its autumn or spring, each season is all about stripes. These bold prints are visually vibrant trend and high street brands tend to feature wardrobe pieces in navy blue or black stripes.
Some striped pieces have become a piece of fashion history, such is the classic Breton sweater (sailor stripes). Later on the legendary Coco Chanel introduced the design to the fashion world through her nautical collection in 1917. after being inspired by sailors, after a visit to the French coast. The Breton top became a symbol of haute-bourgeois loveliness during the pre-war Riviera years.
Whether they are horizontal, vertical, thin, thick, black or white, stripes will always make a bold fashion statement. Another great thing about stripes is that you can dress them up or down. When paired with the right wardrobe pieces, stripes can really emphasize your best features and keep you looking stylish from day to night.
For casual and everyday style, we recommend combining stripes with other monochrome colors in the rest of your outfit. For example, pair your favorite striped or chevron blouse with skinny jeans in monochrome color. When going to the office, it is best to combine stripes with white or black pants and tailored blazer.
In case you have missed it, see our Style Watch: 30 stylish ways to wear blazer this spring.
We count down our 10 favorite striped pieces that will become your spring style staple for sure…
1. H&M Striped bikini (12,99 €). Fully lined patterned bikini. Triangle top with an adjustable strap at the back of the neck, sewn-on bow at the front and plastic fastener at the back. Bottoms with decorative bows at the sides.
3. H&M Striped jersey dress (12,99 €). Striped dress in sturdy jersey with short sleeves, a visible zip at the back of the neck, a seam at the waist and skirt with pleats at the front and side pockets. Unlined.
4. DONNA bold pinstripe chiffon shirt (22 €) from Boohoo shop. Make your top pop this season with sporty, baseball-style basic tees in quilted finishes with ribbed, stripe trims. Crew necks come in block colours, crop tops with mesh inserts and long sleeve jersey staples with the hot-right-now high neck. Kick-start your casuals by layering them under out-there outerwear – bomber jackets are best for teaming with a t-shirt, while duster coats take turtle necks up a notch for the new season.
8. Nasty Gal Line of the Times Off-the-Shoulder Dress (54€). It’s a sign—you need some stripe action. This dress is white with black stripes and features an off-the-shoulder design, elastic at neckline, waist, and long sleeves, side pockets, mini length, and fit & flare silhouette.
10. Forever 21 striped skirt (17€). Crafted from a woven fabric with classic railroad stripes, this A-line skirt features subtle pleating at the waist, on-seam side pockets, and a concealed back zipper.