Warm spring days are here but we are just not quite ready to put away our booties, sweaters and leather jackets. One of the way to still rock them is to combine them with the oh so chic pencil skirt, which always makes it on the wardrobe staples list. Female celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez and Jennifer Lopez love pairing pencil skirts with cropped tops and this look is actually super flattering for all shapes and sizes.
Here are some styling tips and ideas you should keep in mind:
– Crop tops have been everywhere this season, so combine T-shirt top or cropped top with your pencil skirt. This look is sexy, chic, and sophisticated at the same time and you can wear it from day to nighh out in the town.
– Dress up your pencil skirt with pointed heels. They will instantly make your legs look longer while you looking taller, leaner and more graceful. In case you have missed it, see our Style Guide: How to wear pointed shoes this spring?
– If you prefer wearing sandals, choose strappy sandals which make your legs look leaner.
– One of the easiest ways to pull off a classical pencil skirt is to combine it with simple white blouse and accessorize with statement necklace. By adding a well tailored blazer this look becomes also suitable for work environment.
– When it comes to perfect outerwear pieces to combine with pencil skirt, you cannot go wrong with leather jacket of denim jacket.
– Keep in mind that you do not have to have the perfect proportions to wear the pencil skirt. If you want to hide your tummy, wear cardigan sweater over your blouse and accentuate your waist with tiny belt. This will draw attention from your tummy and balance the proportions of the whole look.
– For evening looks, there is nothing sexier than the perfect leather pencil skirt. Combine it with sheer blouse and pointed heels, you are good to go.
For more inspiration, check out the gallery below and get inspired for your own spring style…