Time for winter style and some important tips and tricks. One of the wardrobe essential pieces you should have in your closet is the winter coat.
First impressions always count and during this season your coat will speak more of you, your style and professionalism than you think.
Whether your choose a sharply tailored coat for polished look and days when you work in a office, or you go for more modern versions like the coats with funnel-neck style or cape coats for casual street style; each of them will take your style to another level.
Fab Fashion Fix counts down the ultimate guide for 5 classic winter coats every woman should own and we have brings suggestions on where to buy them…
1. Black is timeless and what is valid for the “little black dress” also goes for classic black coat, it will also never go out of style. For polished style choose the classic tailored black coat and accentuate your waist with a leather belt, and for more edgy style go for those with faux fur accents.
Where to shop the perfect black coat?
– ASOS Duster Coat With Sheer Panel Detail ($103 ) is made of semi-sheer fabric, with open front and slit to reverse.
– ZARA belted wrap coat ($146)
– Mango double-breasted coat (190$) is wool blend long coat with padded shoulders, peak lapels and inner lining.
– H&M wool-blend coat ($99) is fitted coat in a wool blend with faux fur collar and lapels. Concealed snap fasteners at front, welt pockets with flap at front, and removable belt. Lined. Recycled wool content.
2. The camel coats have always been a sign of perfectly polished and expensive style. And let`s be honest, camel color makes everything look expensive. Pair your camel coat with favorite boyfriend jeans, combine it with sneakers for casual and laid back style or wear it over a pencil dress while going to work.
Where to find a chic camel coat for your winter wardrobe?
– DailyLook glamorous hooded faux fur camel coat ($120) has an open front, belted waist, hoodie and dual side pockets. It is made of soft wool blend and the inside is fully lined.
– Mango belted wool-blend coat ($249) with detachable tie belt. Wide lapels, twin patch pockets on the sides and long sleeves.
– ZARA long wool camel coat ($242) with straight cut and long sleeves with dropped shoulder. Crossover cape-effect collar and belt. Side patch pockets.
3. The chic red coat will bring life into cold winter days and you will surely be noticed everywhere. Choose feminine princess shape for combining with ladylike skirts or go for classic tailored cut to combine it with your favorite pair of denim jeans or pencil pants.
Where to shop for stylish red coats?
– Mango wool-blend duffle coat ($189) with hood and plaid lining. Zip and toggle button fastenings through front, twin side patch pockets, elbow patches and belted cuffs.
– ASOS Coat With Back Tab Detail ($78) is made of heavy-weight pulled wool and with silky feel lining. Oversized fit makes it fall generously around the body.
– H&M Oversized Wool-blend Coat ($199) is flared coat in a wool blend with concealed snap fasteners at front. Side pockets, wide 3/4-length sleeves with sewn cuffs, and removable tie belt. Lined.
4. The animal print trend has been inevitable for many seasons. In case you have missed it, see our Style Guide: How to wear the animal print coat this winter? Many celebrity style icons like Kate Moss, Alexa Chung, Kim Kardashian and Nicole Richie have made animal print coats their signature wardrobe pieces. How can you do it? It is easy, just keep in mind that that coat is bold fashion statement so other parts of our outfit should be simple, best to keep them in monochrome colors. Combine it with black skinny jeans or leather pants, oversized sweater or jersey, a pair of killer boots and you are good to go.
Where should you shop for the perfect animal print coat?
– ASOS Faux Fur Coat In Animal Print ($134) is made of faux fur fabric, with wide cut and notched lapels. It has button through fastening and side pockets.
5. White winter coat might be the most elegant wardrobe piece you will ever own and it will surely brighten up the cold winter days. For bold fashion statements play with contrasts by throwing a white winter coat over a colorful outfit, and if you want to keep things looking polished you can always go for the classic black and white monochrome color outfit combination.
Where can you shop for stylish white winter coats?
– TopShop faux fur throw-on coat ($195) is luxe faux fur coat in oversized, throw-on silhouette. Features side pockets with open front.
– H&M white coat ($99) is a straight-cut coat in woven fabric. Concealed snap fasteners at front, and pockets with flap. Lined.
– Nasty Gal Sugarcoated Cocoon Coat ($120) has flap pockets, open front, stand-up collar, cocoon-silhouette, and full lining. Pair it with skinnies and chelsea boots for a minimal look, or over a floral maxi dress with oxfords. Sweeten the deal, y’all.
– ZARA Wool Coat with Zips ($170)