In every woman`s life there are times when no matter how much clothes you own, you still feel you have nothing to wear.
In that moment just think of the famous fashionistas like Olivia Palermo, Miroslava Duma, Hanneli Mustaparta and their style.
Such women have solutions for any occasion, formal and informal, and do not spend too much time on the dressing. There are a few smart styling tips and tricks we can learn from them.
1. Master the key wardrobe pieces: it might seen that their outfits follow the latest fashion trends but it`s not true. Their style is mainly based on classic wardrobe pieces and they pull them off to the maximum. White shirt, pencil skirt, skinny blank pants and classic pumps. Every “it” girl will wear those clothes each week, the trick is to combine them together.
2. Play with layers: Experiment with clothes by making layers. In case you have missed it, see our Style Guide: How to layer clothes? For example, your favorite little black dress can become daytime dress by styling it with simple blouse and classic tailored blazer.
3. Combine prints: Forget rules like “Don`t mix floral prints with polka dots”. If you are still hesitating to combine prints, start by mixing those prints who have the same color base.
4. The shirt trick: Tuck in or not to tuck in you shirt into skirts and pants? Famous fashionistas have a smart solution for this problem. Tuck in just the front part of your shirt and leave it hanging on the sides. This detail when used on a pair of denim jeans or black pants will make your silhouette look long and lean.
5. Roll up sleeves: There are a few ways in which you can make plain shirt look effortlessly chic. One of those ways is to just simply roll up your sleeves. Whether your are wearing denim shirt or white shirt, this trick will give your outfit the casual but chic vibe.
6. Tie the knot: This is another trick with the shirt. Button your shirt, leave a button or two undone at the top and at the end tie the end of your shirt into a knot. This will accentuate your waist and make you look trendy. In this way you can even wear your favorite shirt over a dress.
7. The belt: If you want to proudly show off your curves and accentuate your waist, the best way to do it is to put a belt over your shirt or dress. Olivia Palermo often wears a thin belt in vibrant color.
8. Casually slung jacket over shoulders: Jacket, blazer and trench coat look very coll when just slung over the shoulders.
9. Try new trends: Yes you can try new trends but not all at once. Stylish fashionista will never wear a few trends all in one outfit. Take the safe road by first playing with prints and textures rather than playing with classic fits and silhouettes.
10. Pair stripes with everything: Shirt, T-shirt or blouse, it does not mater which one you wear, as long as it has stripes it can go with everything – from jeans to skirts.