As the spring season is in full swing and summer is right around the corner, all of us beauty lovers just cannot resist the sun-kissed beauty look.
So what are the beauty benefits of using bronzer?
Bronzers are the perfect way to warm up pale skin and they are also a beautiful way to add contour to dark skin. Fab Fashion Fix brings the basic tips and tricks for how to use bronzer, from choosing the right shade to applying it in a way that looks natural and fresh. This tutorial will help you avoid looking orange and muddy.
One of our favorite celebrity makeup artists Lisa Eldridge shares her favourite tips and tricks for a quick and seamless application to achieving a fresh, glowing and natural result.
Here are some easy tips you should keep in mind:
1. Since the purpose of a bronzer is to darken the complexion subtly, the one you choose will depend on your skin tone as well as how dramatic a change you’re looking for. Do not choose bronzer that is too dark or too strong, while buying one keep in mind that you should only go two shades darker than your natural skin tone. Make a test on the clean skin of your face, just to make sure it “warms” your skin tone without making it look fake.
2. If you have fair skin, look for a honey-colored bronzer; for a medium complexion, choose a rose-bronze or gold flecked bronzer; dark skin is best enhanced with a tawny or amber bronzer.
3. Get a bronzer brush, and you should choose wide, fluffy powder brush with a rounded top. If your brush is too small and stiff, it will give blotchy results. There are specialized bronzer brushes available on the market, although any large blush or foundation brush will work equally as well.
4. Apply your foundation. Bronzer is added as a step after your concealer an foundation have been applied. Put these on in an even coat over the entirety of your face to smooth out your complexion and create a blank canvas for your contouring. Be sure to blend the foundation down your neck slightly for a more natural look.
5. When wearing makeup under your bronzer, you want to switch to a slightly darker base color. So choose foundation one shade warmer than your own skin tone. The foundation will make your skin seem tanner so the bronzer doesn’t look too dark, and the two colors will meet in the middle rather adding up to too much tan.
6. It is best to apply your bronzer in light, even coats to build up color rather than adding a single dark layer at once. Therefore, just lightly coat the end of your brush in the powder and tap off the excess onto the lid of the container.
7. Be sure to apply bronzer to the areas of the face the sun would naturally hit. Using very light strokes, first apply the bronzer to the top of the forehead, the cheekbones, and down along your jawline. To be be more precise, your bronzer application will be in the shape of number “3” on either side of your face.
Check out the step by step video tutorial below by Lisa Eldridge on how to use bronzer…
Images: lisaeldridge.com; pinterest
Video: Youtube/Lisa Eldridge