As the summer is in full swing, these days we are all about those good makeup products that will help us fight the heat wave. When it comes to summer beauty products, sunscreen is an absolute must have to keep your skin protected.
Fab Fashion Fix brings the best tips 4 tips and essential budget friendly makeup products for your summer beauty routine on how to lighten up but still look put-together in those hot summer days. Try these long lasting makeup savers and avoid looking smudged.
1. Take time to prime: Apply primer in order to keep your skin moisturized and smooth skin to make the perfect base before applying other makeup products.
– For dry skin we recommend Bare Minerals “Prime Time Brightening Foundation Primer” (£18.50 at FeelUnique.com) which adds an extraordinarily luminous, healthy-looking glow to your skin while smoothing out your complexion. It’s great for combating dry patches, fine lines, excess oil and minimising large pores.
– For oily and combined skin choose mattifying Rimmel “Stay Matte Primer” (£5.99 at FeelUnique.com) which has ultra lightweight formula that minimises the appearance of pores. It controls shine for up to 8 hours creating a soft, perfectly matte complexion.
– Max Factor “Facefinity All Day Primer” (£10) is suitable for all skin types even for sensitive skin. It mattifies skin, contains Micro Correctors to banish excess oils, uses Flexi-hold Technology and contains SPF 20 protection.
2. Use multitasking BB creams: Leave your usual foundations which you use all year and switch to light and multi-tasking products such as the BB creams. They give SPF protection, take care of your skin and correct color and blemishes.
– For oily to combination skin we recommend Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil Free B.B. Cream (£9.99 at FeelUnique.com) perfects skin. This BB cream will even your skin tone & boost its glow, blur imperfections and smooth fine lines, protect your skin with SPF20 UV protection.
– If you have dry and sensitive skin, La Roche-Posay Hydreane BB Cream (£15.00 at FeelUnique.com) would be a great choice for you. It gives an even, fresh-faced complexion and soothing moisturising care. The first BB Cream enriched with La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water. It moisturises and protects the skin with a smooth and non-greasy skin perfecting texture. Leaves skin feeling soft and supple, while creating an even, fresh faced complexion.
– Maybelline “New York Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream with SPF 30” (£7.99 at FeelUnique.com) is great for all skin types. It gives an instant fresh-faced glow without looking all made up. The beuty benefits are numerous: Creates a natural glow, compliments skin-tone, hydrates all day, blurs imperfections, oil free, non-greasy and feels fresh.
3. Use waterproof eye makeup: Whether you are going to the beach or just trying to stay put together and avoid melting of your makeup, use waterproof mascara, eyeliners and eye pencils, all of which are also suitable for sensitive eyes.
– Probably the number one mascara in the world is the now iconic and inevitable Maybelline New York “Great Lash Mascara” (£4.99 at FeelUnique.com). It is waterproof, contact lens safe and hypoallergenic. Lash-doubling waterproof formula glides on smoothly to build great-looking, smudge-proof lashes.
– Accentuate your eyes with Essence Long-Lasting Eye Pencils (£1.70 at Essence.eu ) which come in various shades. This long-lasting eye pencil is super-easy to apply accurately thanks to its innovative twist-mechanism and guarantees long-lasting color results.
– Choose liquid eyeliners, we recommend using Stila “Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner” ( £13.00 at FeelUnique.com). This is a waterproof liquid liner that glides on with ease, won’t smudge or run, and stays in place until you say when. The thin marker-like tip is easy to use even for the least experienced, and delivers a defined thin line to a dramatic bold line with precision.
4. Color your cheeks with powder blush: Instead of using creamy blushes, switch to powder blushes because they give the light feel and are much more long lasting.
– We recommend using Rimmel “Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush” (£3.99 at FeelUnique.com). Soft texture glides on smoothly and blends evenly for a natural sheer finish. Long lasting powder that give you a natural looking colour for up to 6 hours.